Free and public access to this post is sponsored in part by the Manzano Mountain Art Council, which is hosting the 2023 Sunflower Festival on August 26, 2023, from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Readers interested in learning more about the Sunflower Festival can click here to see the Manzano Mountain Art Council's info for the event.
US District Court for the District of New Mexico
Springer v. 7th Judicial District, et al., 1:23-cv-00499-MIS-JMR, no upcoming court appearances or filing dates have been set as of yet for this month.
Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument
Ranger Choice Program, every Friday at 11:00 AM, no registration required, Abó, Quarai, and Gran Quivira unit visitors centers.
Pueblo and Mission Program, Every Saturday and Sunday at 11:00 AM, Abó, Quarai, and Gran Quivira unit visitors centers.
Planning and Zoning Board Meeting, August 02, 2023, at 09:30 AM, in person at the Torrance County Government Offices, 205 S 9th Ave, Estancia, NM 87016, and via Zoom. To attend via Zoom, please go to https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83062741892?pwd=cUZZcFIwSGNxSFZuck9NcUJmaDliUT09
Meeting ID: 830 6274 1892 Passcode: 063616
Torrance County Fair Events
Torrance County Fair Royalty Contest, Saturday, August 05, 2023, in the East Torrance Complex Building (next to fairgrounds)
- 1:00 pm Royalty Contest Registration begins
- 1:30 pm Royalty Registration closes
- 2:00 pm Royalty Contest
Tuesday, August 8, 2023
- 7:00 am-10:00 am Livestock Check-in for All Animals
- 9:00 am – 7:00 pm Check-in Indoor Exhibits (including special cake)
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Check-in Farm Mechanics Exhibits
- 10:00 am Weigh-in of market animals
Wednesday, August 9, 2023
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm Indoor Exhibits (judging is closed to the public)
- 9:00 am-11:00 am Dairy Goat and Pygmy Goat Show
- 10:00 am – 7:00 pm Commercial Booths Open
- 11:00 am-12:30 pm Indoor Exhibits open to the public
- 1:00 pm Market Goat Show (Open, Market, TCB, Showmanship) Booster Show to follow
- 2:00 pm Pie Contest open to public
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Baked Goods and Candy Taste-off!
- 4:00 pm BINGO sponsored by DWI Prevention-East Torrance Complex
- 4:00 pm Market Lamb Show (Open, Market, TCB, Showmanship) Booster Show to follow
Thursday, August 10, 2023
- 8:00 am Market Swine Show (Open, Market, TCB, and Showmanship) Booster Show to follow
- 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Indoor Exhibits open to the public
- 10:00 am – 7:00 pm Commercial Booths Open
- 11:00 am Poultry & Rabbit Shows
- 2:00 pm Dairy Heifer Show
- 3:00 pm Heifer & Steer Show
- 4:00 pm BINGO sponsored by DWI Prevention- East Torrance Complex
- 6:00 pm-8:00 pm Declare Sale Animals
- 6:00 pm Shepherds and Sheep Wool Lead & Cotton Extravaganza
Friday, August 11, 2023
- 8:00 am - 10:00 am Non-Sale Animals will be released
- 9:00 am Indoor Exhibits open to the public
- 10:00 am Pet Show in the Show Arena
- 10:00 am - 3:00 pm Commercial Booths Open
- 12:00 pm East Torrance County Soil and Water Conservation Event
- 2:00 pm Homemade Cookie Contest open to the public – in the Show Arena
- 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm Check-Out all indoor/outdoor exhibits, Check-Out Livestock, (Exhibitors must fill out a release form and clean pens)
- 5:00 pm American Legion Flag Ceremony
- 6:00 pm Junior Animal Sale
Estancia Municipal Government
No scheduled events
Estancia Municipal School District
First Day of School for Grades 1-6, 7, and 9, August 16, 2023.
First Day of School for Grades 8 and 10-12, August 17, 2023.
First Day of School for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten, August 21, 2023.
Mountainair Municipal Government
Mountainair's Birthday Celebration, Saturday, August 5, 2023
- 10:00 AM - heritage parade (info regarding staging and route to be provided as available)
- 11:00 AM-1:00 PM - Food, Music, and History at the adjacent parking lots of the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument Visitor Center, 105 S Ripley Ave, Mountainair, NM 87036, and the B Street Market, 204 W Broadway, Mountainair, NM 87036
- 2:00 PM - Honorary event for the Pinto Bean Queen Candidates, voting for the Pinto Bean Queen, and a presentation of plaques, at the Dr. Saul Community Center, 109 N Roosevelt Ave, Mountainair, NM 87036
- 7:00 PM - Birthday Celebration Dance, featuring Sim Balkey and Daniel Solis, intermission DJing by B&X Sound, at the Dr. Saul Community Center, 109 N Roosevelt Ave, Mountainair, NM 87036
Mountainair Public Schools
First Day of School, August 09, 2023.
Board of Education Meeting, August 22, 2023, at 6:00 PM, Mountainair Public Schools Administrative Building, 512 N Ross Ave St, Mountainair, NM 87036.
Mountainair Rotary Club, 12:00 PM, every Thursday at the Claunch-Pinto SWCD Conservation Center, 1206 NM-55, Mountainair, NM 87036 - visitors should bring their own lunch.
Do you want to advertise your Torrance County event in the Mountainair Dispatch? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.